Viet Nam with Kim and Kevin

From July 4 to 27, my brother Kevin and I travelled in Viet Nam, peering closely at the country through our respective lenses of filmmaker and historian. Here is the first installment, my first internet photos, and my first fitful start at using technology for sharing what I have learned.

15 August 2005

Viet Nam, Part One

These are the first of four sets of photos. They represent the experiences of the first week of our trip.

You can reach Part Two at www.kimallen2.blogspot.com,
Part Three at www.kimallen3.blogspot.com, and
Part Four (suprise, surprise) at www.kimallen4.blogspot.com.

PART ONE:
* HANOI
* NINH BINH PROVINCE SOUTH OF HANOI
* THE NORTHWEST MOUNTAINS OF SAPA AND ETHNIC MINORITY PEOPLE

PART TWO:
* TRAIN TO HANOI
* CENTRAL VIET NAM, INCLUDING
THE IMPERIAL CITY OF HUE AND THE HISTORIC PORT OF HOI AN

PART THREE:
* RELIEF WORK IN QUANG NGAI PROVINCE
* SITE OF THE MY LAI MASSACRE

PART FOUR:
* HO CHI MINH CITY
* LAYOVER IN SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA